Ice Donkey Winter Adventure Rules and Regulations:
1) Race instructions given to each team and solo will include information required for the race and course instructions.
2) The course instructions will include brief descriptions of particular obstacles to watch for throughout the course and a list of possible hazards on the course.
3) Teams or solos must travel through all obstacles in the order specified by race management. At each obstacle the team or solo must complete the obstacle or challenge described by race staff. In the event a team or solo cannot complete an obstacle, they may choose to do an equal time challenge. Once they have completed the obstacle/ challenge, they may continue ahead to the next obstacle, but must follow the course in its proper order.
4) At the end of the race each team or solo must cross the finish line with their race pinnie for race management to record their time. Any team or solo that did not complete all obstacles or alternate time challenge in order will not be included in the official rankings.
5) The first team or solo to have all members cross the finish line and have passed through all obstacles in order will be the declared the winners. Teams or solos may keep their in pinnie after their time has been recorded.
6) All team members and solos must wear their numbered pinnie on the front at all times during the race. It must be worn as the outer layer (so it is in plain sight at all times).
7) Teams and solos are encouraged to help each other while on the course. No penalty will be incurred for receiving assistance from another team or solo. Teams and solos are required to assist any racer that is in need of medical assistance.
80 Weather conditions may restrict safe travel for certain sections of the course. Race management reserves the right to make changes to the course or restrict travel on certain sections due to weather conditions.
9) Teams or solos found traveling on restricted areas designated by the race director as “out of bounds” may be disqualified.
10) Team members are not required to travel together but are encouraged to show team spirit.
11) All event participants must act in an environmentally responsible manner at all times during the event. No litter, gear or any other object can be left on the racecourse, at the start line or host site except in designated disposal locations. It’s very important that we look after our environment.
12) If a competitor or team notices litter, gear or any other object left by another participant we ask that team’s or solo to pack it out to the finish to be left with the volunteer staff.
13) Teams or solos must follow race course instructions and adhere to safety gear if required. If teams or solos are violating this rule they may be disqualified.
14) The maximum time allowed to complete the entire race course is 2 hours. Teams or solos who are still on course after the 2 hours may be re-routed or removed from the course.